I am attempting to record my running adventures while chasing my goal of running the Western States 100. I want to chronicle the joy of running with friends, the fun of running alone, and the excitement of running trails.

I run primarily in the Houston area, which suffers from a trail deficiency. I also spend some time in the Austin area. I love to race and I enjoy using races as training runs for other races. Occassionally, I will get over excited on my "training race/runs" and run too fast (go figure). Luckily, I have a trail-ultra running husband who understands this craziness and tries to keep me grounded (not to mention hydrated, rested, and paced properly.)

I want to share my ups and downs, my successes and failures and try to keep motivated to my ultimate goal. Plus, if I share all of my bone-headed mistakes with you-- you will not have to make them!



Saturday, June 25, 2011

Jen's status

We are Foresthill aid station where we take the shuttle bus to Michigan Bluff aid station where we will Jen for the first time today. It is 3:53pm PST and Jen has run 43.8 miles and will soon complete 47.8 miles. By all accounts she is keeping a steady pace. As always Jen had a plan and it seems she is sticking with it.

Bruce and Denise have caught the shuttle bus to meet Jen at Michigan Bluff. And Allen and Becky await Jen at Foresthill. Actually Allen will pick Jen up at Bath aid station approx 1 mile down the road. Allen will stay with Jen through Green Gate aid station where Bruce will take over and run her to the finish line.

The weather is warm here in Foresthill but not nearly as warm as last year, so we are told. By the time Jen gets her she will be hot and tired. But after a fresh change of clothes and some encouraging words from Team JETT, we will send her off with Allen.

We will try to post another update later this evening/night but we will have much to do tonight to make sure we arrive at each aid station before Jen does. You can track her on the live webcast and of course Bruce, Allen and Becky will post updates on Facebook.

On behalf of Jen thanks for all the encouraging emails, calls and text messages. We will pass on all the good wishes and hugs to her as soon as we see her.

Team JETT

No comments:

Post a Comment