I am attempting to record my running adventures while chasing my goal of running the Western States 100. I want to chronicle the joy of running with friends, the fun of running alone, and the excitement of running trails.

I run primarily in the Houston area, which suffers from a trail deficiency. I also spend some time in the Austin area. I love to race and I enjoy using races as training runs for other races. Occassionally, I will get over excited on my "training race/runs" and run too fast (go figure). Luckily, I have a trail-ultra running husband who understands this craziness and tries to keep me grounded (not to mention hydrated, rested, and paced properly.)

I want to share my ups and downs, my successes and failures and try to keep motivated to my ultimate goal. Plus, if I share all of my bone-headed mistakes with you-- you will not have to make them!



Friday, June 24, 2011

Count Down to Race Day!!

We have just returned to the hotel after the mandatory medical check, runner check-in and trail briefing. It was quite exciting to get checked-in and receive the infamous wrist band.

I have a few hours to relax, before having a very early dinner- then a couple of hours rest before tomorrow morning. Check in is between 4 and 4:50 AM. Tomorrow morning we have one more medical check and then we are off and running at 5:00 AM! I have a couple of photos to add, but my apple devices and blogger are not working well together. More to follow.....

The crew/pacing team is already proving to be invaluable. :) Lucky me.

1 comment: