I am attempting to record my running adventures while chasing my goal of running the Western States 100. I want to chronicle the joy of running with friends, the fun of running alone, and the excitement of running trails.

I run primarily in the Houston area, which suffers from a trail deficiency. I also spend some time in the Austin area. I love to race and I enjoy using races as training runs for other races. Occassionally, I will get over excited on my "training race/runs" and run too fast (go figure). Luckily, I have a trail-ultra running husband who understands this craziness and tries to keep me grounded (not to mention hydrated, rested, and paced properly.)

I want to share my ups and downs, my successes and failures and try to keep motivated to my ultimate goal. Plus, if I share all of my bone-headed mistakes with you-- you will not have to make them!



Sunday, December 5, 2010

Sorry for the lack of attention

Ok, so since I have moved to the DC area, I have been errant in my blog posting.  Many apologies.  I have been doing a little racing and I will post the race reports soon.  I just wanted to start posting to my blog again as something EXCITING happened today.....

I entered the Western States 100 with no real expectation of being selected, so imagine my surprise this morning as I checked the website to learn that I was selected!!! I will be ramping up my training to get ready for this premier event.  I am so excited!  I already have 2 excellent pacers that I know I can count on to help me through.  The race in June 25-26, 2011, so I have some time to prepare.

I will keep you posted....

Until then, if you are interested in learning about the Western States 100, here is the link:

http://www.ws100.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment