I am attempting to record my running adventures while chasing my goal of running the Western States 100. I want to chronicle the joy of running with friends, the fun of running alone, and the excitement of running trails.

I run primarily in the Houston area, which suffers from a trail deficiency. I also spend some time in the Austin area. I love to race and I enjoy using races as training runs for other races. Occassionally, I will get over excited on my "training race/runs" and run too fast (go figure). Luckily, I have a trail-ultra running husband who understands this craziness and tries to keep me grounded (not to mention hydrated, rested, and paced properly.)

I want to share my ups and downs, my successes and failures and try to keep motivated to my ultimate goal. Plus, if I share all of my bone-headed mistakes with you-- you will not have to make them!



Thursday, February 17, 2011

Back on the Trails in Virginia

Finally!  I am back with my running group in Virginia.  We met for a 20 mile run on Saturday along the Bull Run trail.  It was so great to be back with the gang again and to hear about their running adventures.  Considering that I had a lousy week at work- it was just what the doctor ordered.  Bob, Rob, Stan, Casey, and I started out together.  Stan is returning from an injury, so he fell back and did about 10-12.  On our way back from a 6 mile out and back, we saw Denise and she joined us for the remainder of the run. She has been gone for a while too (but she was skiing).  It was  a great day and the temperatures were warming- Spring is coming!  There were still some areas of the trails that were very icy and treacherous.

We decided to meet up again on Sunday for another 10 miles. I was so happy- I really need to start increasing my mileage, so this works out great for me. The only negative, I was not able to sleep in on the weekend.  No worries, I spent the rest of Sunday hanging out, getting a manicure/pedicure and going to the movies.  Was a great weekend.  I am excited because we have decided to run in the mountains next Sunday (we will skip Saturday run- Bob is out of town). 

No comments:

Post a Comment